General Eligibility Information*
The business was adversely affected in either one of the following two ways:
o The business was prohibited from operating as directed by Executive Orders 20-12 or 20-65.
o The business can demonstrate a one-month decline in sales of 25% or more, incurred by the COVID-19 pandemic, between March 1, 2020 and November 30, 2020, as compared against the same period of time in 2019. Have 100 or fewer FTE (full-time equivalent) employees as of 12/31/2019
- Be located within Yamhill County, is headquartered in Oregon and has its principal operations in Oregon.
- If required by Oregon law to be registered with the Oregon Secretary of State to do business in Oregon, the business is so registered
- Businesses who have received federal dollars, through the Paycheck Protection Program or the Economic Injury Disaster Loan, are able to apply for and receive these grant funds
- 501(c)(3) Nonprofits are eligible
- 501(c)(6) entities are not eligible
- The business had 100 Full-Time Employees (FTE) or less, as of December 31, 2019
- Priority will be given to the following businesses who also meet the general eligibility above:
o Those businesses in the tourism, hospitality, and event sectors including (Example: defined as restaurants, bars, wineries, breweries, lodging, caterers, and event rental companies)
o Those that had to close due to either of the Governor’s ordered Freezes (Examples: gyms/fitness, indoor rec, museums, indoor/outdoor entertainment, indoor/outdoor pools, sports courts, event venues, zoos, gardens, aquariums)
Up-to $10,000 per award
Application Process and 2-Phase Lottery System
- The application will be streamlined, online only, and have businesses self-certify that they meet the eligibility requirements
- Application period will be open from 12/11 to 12/18
- Once the application period closes, a two-phase lottery system will commence to ensure an equitable and fair distribution:
o First Lottery: Priority based round – priority-eligible businesses listed above**
- Any remaining funds will roll into the second, “open” lottery
- If this fund is over-subscribed, any unselected businesses will roll into the second, “open” lottery
o Second lottery: Open round – businesses who meet general eligibility above*, but who do not meet categories listed in priority eligibility**
- Award notifications will be issued on 12/28. All selected businesses and associated grant agreements will be in place by 12/31, allowing us to submit the report to DAS by 1/5
- Grant award checks will be issued by the County between December 31st and January 15th.
The online application portal will go live at 8:00am on December 11th and will close at 11:59pm on December 18th. Program details and the application portal can be found on the Yamhill County website under “Economic Development” > “COVID-19 Relief Grants” Yamhill County COVID-19 Response + Recovery Grant Program | Yamhill County, Oregon *Please note that (as of today) the November grant program is still in process so the webpage will be updated in the next few days to reflect this new program.